Some New Donation Guidelines
In an effort to be more “green” and to simplify some of the Fair operations for our dedicated volunteers several changes have been made this year. We really want to avoid filling up trash bags at the end of the day full of stuff that we cannot sell. Hopefully you will embrace our goal of “Recycle, Reuse and Rejoice”.
- We are unable to accept donations prior to Tuesday, Nov. 5 due to limited storage capabilities.
- We ask that you find other homes for plastic water bottles, stuffed animals, jigsaw puzzles, plants, garden supplies, infant items, plastic toys, pillows and used bedding.
- As in previous years, MUUC cannot accept: clothing, furniture, computer monitors, televisions, large appliances, grills, propane tanks, large exercise equipment, or any item for which MUUC would have to pay a city fee for proper disposal in the event the item cannot sell. Any large item that does not sell must go back to your home.
- For more information on the kinds of items our shoppers are looking for as well as items we are not accepting click here: 2019 Harvest Fair Donation Guidelines
Ways You Can Help
The Harvest Fair Committee is looking for YOU to join in the fun! This is a great way to get to know each other at MUUC. Here’s how you can help:
- Staff tables during the fair on Saturday Nov. 9 – We still need volunteers. Sign up at coffee hour or contact [email protected].
- Set up before the fair: Tuesday-Friday, Nov. 5-8 – in the evenings from 7-9 pm. (Other times TBD)
- Donate items for Upstairs specialty tables(i.e., Crafts, Jewelry, Collectibles, Re-gifting, Baked Goods, Raffles) – Bring items in on Friday, Nov. 8, in the evening from 7-9 pm. (Other times TBD) 2019 Harvest Fair Donation Guidelines
- Donate items for the Downstairs “Green Elephant” (rummage) sale – Bring in items Tuesday-Friday, Nov 5-8, in the evenings from 7-9 pm. (Other times TBD) 2019 Harvest Fair Donation Guidelines
- Clean Up after the fair on Saturday Nov. 9, 2-4 pm – an important job and fresh legs are needed!
- Peel apples on Thursday, Nov. 7, 7-9 pm – (ages 13+)
- Bake Pies at the church on Friday Nov. 8, from 9 am – 3 pm – Volunteer for a shift, 9-12 or 12-3, or stay the whole time!
- Come one, come all! Come to shop and enjoy a meal. Invite your friends and neighbors!
Questions? Come to the Harvest Fair table during coffee hour or contact us at [email protected]
Get involved – it really is a lot of fun working together to make the Harvest Fair a success!!