Thank You for your interest in our Bread of Life Hunger Ministry! Below are more details about the “nuts and bolts” regarding dates, times, locations, and tasks.
We do it all: MUUC purchases the food, cooks the meals (typically at MUUC), transports the meals to serving locations, prepares meals to be ready for serving, serves the meals to our guests, and then does cleanup afterwards.
Please join in our next Bread of Life Meal:
Friday, April 5 at the First Baptist Church, 493 Main Street, Malden, MA. We will be serving about 75 meals.
Volunteers are needed for the following tasks:
- Cooks are needed from 1:00 pm – 3:30/4:00 pm at the MUUC kitchen downstairs
- People to transport the food from MUUC to the First Baptist Church around 3:30/4:00 pm
- Preparation for serving takes place from about 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Servers are needed 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Cleanup from 6:30 pm – around 7:00 pm.
- Please contact Mary D. or Nancy F. to let them know you’re interested in helping.
Times and needs can change, so please check the MUUC CALENDAR and website for possible updates to the above activity times as dates approach. If you have questions or are interesting in helping, you can also send an email to Nancy at [email protected] or Mary at [email protected]
You don’t have to be present the whole time – assistance at any time is wonderful! Bring an apron, put your hair in a pony-tail and join in! Food-serving gloves are provided. Children, school-age and older, are welcome to help, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
MUUC will be serving meals for the Bread of Life on the following dates in 2019:
- Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Friday, March 1, 2019
NEXT: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Thursday, May 30, 2019
- Friday, July 5, 2019
- Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Friday, December 6, 2019
MUUC will be serving meals at the following locations in 2019:
Thursday Meals NOTE: Since the flooding at Salvation Army, until further notice ALL THURSDAY MEALS will be served at the First Baptist Church.
Friday Meals are served at the First Baptist Church, 493 Main Street, Malden, MA.
- subway (Orange Line, Malden Center; then walking or bus)
- commuter rail (Malden Center; then walking or bus)
- bus routes (All come from Malden Center subway (routes 131/136/137 come directly from Melrose, too)
Routes To First Baptist: 99, 101, 104, 105, 106, 108, 131, 136, 137, 411, 430
Routes To Salvation Army: 99, 104, 105, and 106; walking distance from the other First Baptist routes
- Salvation Army and First Baptist both have on-street parking. First Baptist has very limited on-site parking, typically reserved for those who are transporting the food in their vehicles)