Thank You for your interest in our Bread of Life Hunger Ministry! Below are more details about the “nut and bolts” regarding dates, times, locations, and tasks.
We do it all: MUUC purchases the food, cooks the meals (typically at MUUC), transports the meals to serving locations, prepares meals to be ready for serving, serves the meals to our guests, and then does cleanup afterwards.
Please join in our next Bread of Life Meal:
Thursday January 30 at the First Baptist Church, 493 Main Street, Malden, MA.
We will be serving about 75 meals. Volunteers are needed for the following tasks:
- Cooks are needed from 1:00 pm – 3:30/4:00 pm at the MUUC kitchen downstairs
- People to transport the food from MUUC to the First Baptist Church around 3:30/4:00 pm
- Preparation for serving takes place from about 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Servers are needed 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Cleanup from 6:30 pm – around 7:00 pm.
- Please contact Mary D. or Martha B. to let them know you’re interested in helping.
Times and needs can change, so please check the MUUC CALENDAR and website for possible updates to the above activity times as dates approach. If you have questions or are interesting in helping, you can also send an email to Mary at [email protected]
You don’t have to be present the whole time – assistance at any time is wonderful! Bring an apron, put your hair in a pony-tail and join in! Food-serving gloves are provided. Children, school-age and older, are welcome to help, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
MUUC will be serving meals for the Bread of Life on the following dates in 2020:
NEXT: Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Friday, March 6, 2020
- Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Friday, June 5, 2020
- Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Friday, September 4, 2020
- Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Thursday, December 31, 2020
- subway (Orange Line, Malden Center; then walking or bus)
- commuter rail (Malden Center; then walking or bus)
- bus routes (All come from Malden Center subway (routes 131/136/137 come directly from Melrose, too)
Bus Routes To First Baptist: 99, 101, 104, 105, 106, 108, 131, 136, 137, 411, 430
- First Baptist has on-street parking. First Baptist also has very limited on-site parking, typically reserved for those who are transporting the food in their vehicles)