We are called to live our faith in the world, and right now (and always), this means doing our part to dismantle white supremacy and work for a world where Black Lives Matter.
May we find the actions that advance justice, following Black leadership. May we learn and grow our spirits in the service of beloved community. May we give generously of our time and money in the service of transformation.
Folks at the UUA put together this helpful framework of “Act, Learn, Give” – things that we can all do to dismantle white supremacy and support Black lives right now. We have added local and MUUC-specific suggestions.
Will you choose something in each category to do, then tell us about it?
- Join Justice in June
- Take Part in Melrose Human Rights Commission’s 30 Days of Action
- Turnout for UU the Vote to fight systemic racism in the justice system, in the streets, and at the ballot box
- Don’t Call the Police – Work to eradicate anti-Blackness – UUA statement
- Be a White Accomplice (lots of actions here)
- 75 Things White People can do for Racial Justice
- Build the Poor People’s Campaign Online Mass People’s Assembly on June 20, 2020
- Join MUUC’s Anti-Racism Team
LEARN AND WORSHIP
- Watch M4BL National Call to Action Webinar on Strategic Demand to Defund the Police
- UUA #WeCantBreathe vigil 6.2.20
- In the Name of Love: Deepening Anti-Racist Commitment and Values from the Church of the Larger Fellowship
- What can White people do? Ali Michael, Ph.D.
- The Call of This Moment: An Anti-Racism Workshop with Rev Dr. Jacqui Lewis, June 17 and 18 (preregister at the link)
- Black Lives of UU (BLUU)
- DRUUMM: Unitarian Universalist People of Color Ministry and anti-racist collective
- Side with Love & UU College of Social Justice (UUCSJ) Political Education Series — Featuring Everette Thompson, Dr. Charlene Sinclair & others — Coming Soon!
- Your time and use your influence to recruit others