What is “Community Engagement”?
A focused effort on increasing the visibility of MUUC in the greater Melrose community, to ultimately result in: increased attendance, increased membership, and increased vibrancy of the community.
What has Community Engagement been up to?
- Postcard mailing to 12K Melrose Households
- Enlargement of postcard for Brick Hall
- Helped organize and staff MUUC’s booth at Victorian Fair
- Helped organize a “permanent lawn sign” working group, along with Property Committee
- Discussion of additional needed signage (i.e. front door sign, ramp access sign, lighting of signs, steeple)
- Displayed colorful Seven Principles poster in Supper Room in time for Harvest and Alternative Fairs
- Church-wide feedback activity on rainbow banner
- Displayed rainbow banner in Parish Hall in time for Harvest and Alternative Fairs
- “Branding effort” with purpose of developing consistent presentation of MUUC materials, fonts, colors, logo, website
- Begin work on establishing a photo repository for the church
These are just some of the activities which Community Engagement, aka “CE Group”, has been working on!
MUUC CE Group (Laura M., Nyla M., Cory M., Jean T., friend of the Group)