The Climate Action Team was established in the Fall of 2023 by a vote of the congregation.
Our mission is to inspire our congregation to work on the climate crisis.
- to provide education for ourselves and others
- to reduce our individual and church carbon footprints
- to partner with other groups working toward similar goals
- to promote environmental justice
We meet monthly at 11:45 am on the third Sunday of the month, following the church service. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Examples of activities:
Save the date! Earth Day is Monday, April 22, 2024. Some of us will be attending the Extinction Rebellion celebration that day from 4-6 PM in downtown Boston. You can, too! Register with XR Boston.
We will lead a special Earth Day worship service on April 21, 2024 with informational fair to follow, providing education and ways for the congregation to get involved in Climate Action.
- A group of us met on February 2, 2024, with the aide to our State Representative Kate Lipper-Garabedian to encourage her to support 4 important climate related bills in an upcoming vote.
- Our team hosted a New Year’s Day Walk for the church and friends at Breakheart Reservation.
In 2015, we put Solar Panels on our South-facing roof!! Take a look!! (username and password are noted on the left-side of the page, feel free to log in and check on current solar energy activity!)