Our first topic, Ability, is completed. In addition to music and readings in our Worship Services and Religious Education being designed around this topic for several weeks, we had quite a few memorable moments:
- We shared why ability matters to us in our Worship Services in our sermons and by church members sharing their own personal stories (click HERE for more information).
- We had a showing of the important documentary film “The Wounds We Cannot See”, which was free and open to the public (click HERE for more information).
- We had an Ability-focused Circle Supper (small pot-luck suppers held in church members homes). All held on one night, in small groups of 10, after we had our pot-luck dinner, we viewed, then discussed, a TED talk on “Ability” (click HERE for more information).
- We also had Megan Kennedy, her hearing service dog Ras, and Lanie Cantor (from CCI, a service dog organization) come and speak with the adults and the children (click HERE for more information).
- We had a “Walk and Wheel in Wonder” accessible stroll through Breakheart Reservation (click HERE for more information).
- And our Ability Topic Team had selected “The Boston Center For Independent Living” as the recipient of our Giving Beyond Our Walls funds (50% of the cash collection on Sunday) while the church is exploring the Ability Topic (click HERE for more information).