Work To Sustain Our Church
As MUUC’s Board continues to learn from and support the work of committees, staff, members and friends, part of its job is to foster the involvement of our whole congregation.
This work is vital for the operation of our church and the sustenance of our mission.
Here is a sampling of some of the Task Groups and Initiatives undertaken by and/or at the behest of the Board.
- Right Relations – Develop and oversee guidelines for how we interact and work together in community.
- HR and Staff Support – Review and develop policies and procedures, both short and long term, for how we support our staff in ways that are consistent with our values.
- Communications and Web Site – How we communicate internally about our work and community, and how we attract and engage with our community beyond our walls.
- IT Committee Chairperson – Facilitate planning and communication among volunteers and staff in support of church IT capabilities and function.
- Assistant Collector – Assist Collector Mary D. and consider taking on the Collector’s role for the 2018-19 church year.
- Church Rental Policies and Space Usage – How we make our space available for internal and external use; how this supports our budget and operation consistent with our values.
- Kitchen Operation and Safety – Make effective use of our kitchen as a vital resource for our community and mission while helping to ensure physical safety and food safety.
- Montessori Relations Committee – Explore and facilitate more communication between MUUC and Melrose Montessori School. Help to share plans, aspirations, challenges between us.
- Strategic Planning Committee – Help to coordinate communication and planning about intentional growth – of membership, programs, and staff. Consider alternatives for using our resources that include building and endowment funds.
- Public Messaging Process – Work with Community Engagement group and the Board on a process whereby we may express messages publicly – signs, banners, public statements, etc. – with confidence and conviction that express our values and our identity as a UU congregation.
- Branding – Our Community Engagement group would like to begin a small group effort to develop some brand identity for MUUC. This would entail determining a consistent color, chalice, font and overall look for materials in print and on the web.
- “Giving Beyond Our Walls” Process – Devise and gain Board approval for the process by which we select beneficiaries; and document this. Includes specifying roles.
This work is in various stages of progress. Some need volunteer help to get started or to continue. The folks doing the work and the Board will make more information available as the work proceeds (in fact, the above item about communications web site is vital toward that end).
And Thank You!